Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Sunday, July 24, 2016

There is still hope

I often get disturbed by the rampant violence either in the name of racism, religious faith or just any other intolerance that we see around us these days. I keep wondering whether humanity is moving towards its annihilation! 

I have spent varying periods of my life in various countries and interacted with people of different nationality, race and ethnicity. Without fail, I have always found the same humane face everywhere. May be I was lucky. But what makes me hopeful is that majority of humanity is sober. They just believe in “live and let live” policy. It is just that a few odd ones create all the trouble and they get the most attention.

Nature, I firmly believe, has built in mechanisms to preserve itself. So, in spite of occasional failures, it always recovers and moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment