Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Friday, May 22, 2020

(Mind59)- Let us take a break!










I started this long series of talks on Mind beginning November last year. I spent a month each, discussing various scientific and philosophic aspects of Mind.

From January this year, I continued my talks covering topics in Yoga, a discipline that provides a transition from the material world to domains beyond.

It is almost 40 episodes since we started exploring these wonderful topics. I covered almost all topics not only in Yoga but also in several related areas.

I hope that these discussions were useful to you whether you were just a health-conscious person, or an over stressed person looking for ways to minimize stress, or even a person who wants to venture into domains beyond the Mind.

I have many more things to discuss.

But at this point I would like to take a short break.

The primary reason for my taking a break is my seasonal allergy problem that affects my voice. If you remember, even last year around the same time I had taken a break till my voice became better.

I could have prerecorded these talks in advance, but I preferred to go for a break instead.

There were just too many topics that I covered over the past 7 months and I wished to give some time for you to go back and forth and have a closer look at finer points in these talks. More so since I rushed through some of the episodes wanting to stick to my own self-imposed time limit.

The havoc wrecked by the Corona also could have upset many lives and some of you may not be in quite a receptive mood to listen to serious discussions. Though on a positive note, the lockdown could have given a great opportunity to look at new possibilities. I am sure that some of you have taken advantage of that.

In ancient India there was a practice of taking a rainy season break during which the students remained indoors.

Their studies used to be interrupted for a while more because their class rooms were normally in the open air under the trees. And during rainy season, that was not possible.

Though traditional residential schools are rare these days, the practice of taking break and remaining in one place continues even today at least among the monks who otherwise would be moving from place to place.

So, in the true Indian style, let me take a short break, though for an altogether different reason 😉

Meanwhile you can continue to tryout whatever we discussed all along. You can contact me through your comments or through the ‘Ask Me’ link at the top of my blog. I will surely read all the comments. And reply to relevant comments when I publish them. Unfortunately, as always, there are some who just want to SPAM. I am sorry, I will not be able to publish all comments.

If you have subscribed to my feed in any of the many possible ways, you will be notified when I restart. For others, please keep checking my blog once in a while.

So, let us meet again after the break. My best wishes and a better time to come.
 
A series revolving around Mind – Science of Mind, Philosophy of Mind, Notions of reality, Mind modulation, Domains beyond Mind, and so on. © Dr. King, Swami Satyapriya 2019-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment