Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

MEDITATION - The science behind it

I have always strived to explain Yoga or Meditation in a scientific manner rather than cloak it in mystical terms. In many ways, it is important that we know the science behind meditation not only to avoid confusion but also to practice it in a more effective manner. 


In this series of posts, I am going to look at meditation from various perspectives and provide scientific explanations to the extent possible.

Keeping the limitations of blog posts in mind, I don’t intend to provide detailed discussions. I will be giving only some pointers and defer the details to my books

Some of my books that are already published have lot of information on these aspects (e.g. “How and Why of Yoga and Meditation”, “Neurological basis of Patanjali’s Ashtänga Yoga”). 

I am going to build on the ideas presented in these blog posts and publish them in a separate book, hopefully soon.

As far as possible, I restrict my focus to Patanjali’s Yoga and Buddhist form of meditations. Many of these ideas may even apply to Hata Yoga as well.

In the next post let me start with preparatory steps for meditation that are essential to achieve success.

No comments:

Post a Comment