Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Isn’t life too beautiful?

During my occasional visits to a chain store near my house, I used to meet this nice elderly white lady who used to sit at the checkout counter. Her heavily wrinkled face revealed her age as at least late eighties. I always wondered what forced this lady to work in a store at that age!
One afternoon, while I was checking out my things, we observed a small crowd gathering in front of a high-rise building just outside the store, across the road. A person who just entered the store at that time told us that someone jumped from the top floor of that building and committed suicide.
I could see the old lady’s face paling out with the shock. With tears in her eyes, she softly exclaimed – “honey, isn’t life too beautiful to end like that? What’s happening to this world!”

2 comments:

  1. Why does the lady in this story have to be an elderly white lady.
    Did her color really matter in telling it?
    We all need to look past the color of a person and see that person for who they are and not what the color of their skin is.
    This world puts too much emphasis on a person's color when mentioning them when their is no need too.
    We need to all call it for what it really is, Either a Man, a Women, or a child.
    Putting color before a person's description when it does nothing to tell the story is just seperating people which is something the media does all too well today.
    All men and women in this world are equals regardless of race or religion.
    I was like that at one time in my life until my wife taught me the one word Coexist and its meaning.
    If this world is ever going to make it we will all need to coexist and to have tolerance for all the GOOD people regardless of their race or their beliefs.
    Yes all life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with every word you said Sir. I had no intention to highlight the color and it was just a matter of narrating a real incident that took place sometime ago. I am sorry if my usage has offended you.

      I am the last person to differentiate based on color, race, nationality, religion, gender. I have tried to stick to this in my life throughout as well as all my books if you have read any of my books.

      Thanks for writing.

      Dr.King


      Delete