Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Monday, October 22, 2018

BookTalk: Psychology behind Yoga


In today’s book talk I am going to discuss about my book “Psychology behind Yoga”.


What is it about?

This was my first book on Yoga. It was quite popular at that time and was one of my top sellers.

I tried to discuss Yoga in the light of Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, the original book on Yoga. I wanted to focus on some of the least understood but never the less most important aspects of Yoga.

In this book I discuss various topics namely mind, its structure, its activities, the well defined process of calming down of the mind, the ultimate states of meditation and so on in a very logical manner.

Yoga and Sankhya are two companion schools of thought. I kept the Sankhya concepts of mind in the background while narrating various steps of yoga, with lot of examples and illustrations to make the discussion easy to understand. I tried to show how the entire system of Yoga as defined by Patanjali is scientific and verifiable.

But the book raised quite a few eyebrows though ‘-) Some of my readers even commented that the book is not really on Yoga since it does not talk about body postures. Little do these good friends know that Yoga is not about body postures, but about mind and only mind!

At the same time I got appreciation from some well learned people who felt that I have thrown light on many difficult to understand and often overlooked concepts of Yoga especially different stages of Samadhi – the ultimate state of Yoga.

Where can I find it?


You can find e-book version in http://books2read.com/YogaPsychology.

Just click this link and choose your favorite store to buy the book from. It is available in almost every store.

Print version of this book is available in many stores including amazon, Barnes and Noble among others.

As of today, I don’t have an audiobook version. Hopefully, I will make one sometime soon.




I hope you enjoy reading this book. Bye then, till we meet again, week after next, with another of my books.






No comments:

Post a Comment