Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

You can now listen to my blog posts!


Starting today, you can listen to my blog posts instead of just reading.

Just click on the post you want to listen, you can simultaneously listen as well as read the post – some sort of podcast combined with blog post. I call it blogcast!

This is useful for many people. For example, some of you may feel comfortable listening rather than reading. May be you are driving, walking, or doing any other daily chore. Or may be you find your mobile screen too small to read the posts.

Well, my posts may sometimes have figures and illustrations in addition to text. So, in those cases, you can glance the screen to look at them while the audio is going on. The audio will give hints to such illustrations to look at.

What if I don’t want to listen and want to just read? You can do that. Look at the “Mute/Play” button at the top of the post. Just press it once. The audio would be paused. And if you want to continue listening, press the button again. You can do this alternatively,

When you reach the end of the audio, if you wish to re-listen, you can just double click the button. The audio would start all over once again. It is just that simple.

You can do more things.

You can subscribe to my blogcast feed “http://feeds.feedburner.com/LetusThink

You can do this directly by clicking this link or using any of the many feed reader apps.

If you click directly, you have the option to subscribe through “live bookmarks” or through “Yahoo”. Live book mark is nice since it automatically creates a book mark in your browser whenever I make a new blogcast. Anytime, you can click on this book mark and listen to it. It also keeps track of the pots you have already read.

Alternatively, you can follow me on either facebook or twitter. My facebook/twitter handle is DrKing1234.

If you prefer to receive the posts in your mail, then just enter your e-mail address in the space provided in the top right corner of my blog. For this, you have view my blog in desktop mode – important for mobile users since mobile view does not show this right column. Just change it to desktop view temporarily.

And when you receive a mail from google to confirm your e-mail subscription, don’t forget to confirm. Or else google will not send you the posts!.

Hopefully, sometime later, I will make these blogcasts appear in well know podcast directories such as itunes. But as of now you have the options that I described earlier.

Happy viewing and listening!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is
    excellent, let alone the content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for liking my blog. There are a couple of things -
    1.Can you please use some name - does not matter some pseudo name - so that I can correlate across comments. If all comments are anonymous, I lose the context.
    2.How did you like this feature (blogcast)? Did you find it useful? Or was it an overkill?
    3.And regarding the contents - do you find them useful and adding value?

    I am basically a writer rather than a blogger. Blogging is just to keep people interested in the kind of things I try to convey through my books.

    Please say something about what you read. That will be more helpful.

    Dr.King

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty element of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert
    that I acquire actually loved account your weblog posts.
    Anyway I'll be subscribing for your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently
    fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that I am unable to fully understand what you are trying to say. Is this machine translated?
      I think I have read similar comments earlier also. If you are trying something else, please don't do that.

      Delete
  4. Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I wanted
    to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete