Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Monday, February 24, 2020

BookTalk: Was Jesus really in India?: Final verdict on the age-old mystery



 





In today’s book talk I am going to discuss about my recent book “Was Jesus really in India? : Final verdict on the age-old mystery”.


You probably have read about the controversy raised by a Russian Journalist Nicolas Notovitch, way back in late 1800s. He claimed that he found an ancient manuscript related to Jesus in a remote Buddhist monastery in the Himalayas.


The interesting thing about this manuscript was that it apparently talked about Jesus Christ spending most part of his early life in India, studying Hinduism and Buddhism before he returned back to Jerusalem.

What is more amazing is the claim by some Muslim spiritual leaders that Jesus spent his last years in Indian Kashmir. They talk about a tomb in Kashmir, which they claim to be a tomb of Jesus Christ.

There have been several verbal wars around these controversial ‘finds’. Many noted historians, academicians, religious figures have argued for or against these claims.


In the first half of this book, I give an overview of the entire controversy as well as its aftermath. In the second half of this book I elaborate on some of my own finds that try to give a final verdict about this controversy once for all.


I wrote an initial version of the e-book a year ago. Recently, I revised the book and republished it in all three formats – e-book, paperback as well as audiobook.


Let me give some background on what prompted me to write this book.

I had an ailing elderly friend who was a devout Christian. When I last visited him, I had discussed with him some interesting facts that I came across about the unknown life of Jesus Christ. I promised him that I would write a book based on those finds. And this book is a result of that promise.

What you can expect to find in this book

You can not only find the complete details about this controversy about Jesus being in India, with Biblical, historical, literary, and first-person narratives about this controversy, but also some of my own very interesting finds that try to draw a curtain on to the entire row.


Where can I find this book?

E-book versions can be found in any of the online stores that sell e-books such as amazon, apple, Barnes and noble, Kobo, scribd, and so on. Print versions are available on amazon. You can find the audio version in almost every online store that sells audio books, such as Google, iTunes, Kobo, scribd and so on. You can even borrow the audio book from many libraries.

Check the link https://books2read.com/Jesus for a preview/purchase of the book in these formats. This is an Universal book link that lists out the stores where you can find this book. You can click your favorite store to purchase the book. At the moment, the audio version is not available in amazon or audible.


I hope you enjoy reading/listening to this book.


Bye then, till we meet again,  with another of my books.




No comments:

Post a Comment