Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Quick sampling of all my audiobooks

 


First of all, let me apologize for not speaking to you for the past few weeks. I am going through some voice related issues, and I prefer to remain silent for some time. I hope to get back to you as early as possible.

I have a short announcement to make. I have made sampling of all my audiobooks simple. This will help you in deciding to choose the right book for you in a matter of minutes without switching sites and product pages. This is a small but powerful addition to UBL of my books.

If you are a regular reader/listener, you are all familiar with ‘Quick links’ to my books. This is a feature I have had all along, for past few years. This is a list of so-called universal book links (UBL). For people who are not familiar with UBL, it is a single link for each book. If you click this link you can

  • Know in which formats the book is currently available – e-book, paperback, hardcover or audio and so on.

  • Know some of the online stores where the book is available.

  • Regionalize depending on your geographic location.

  • Access the store page of your ‘preferred store’ for preview or purchase.

So, you don’t need to search for the product page nor remember the link associated with the book. All that you need to do is to click the UBL corresponding to the book.

If at all you would like to remember the UBL, I have also made that simple for you. I have assigned a short tag to each book. All that you need to remember is this tag. Add this tag at the end of ‘http://books2read.com/’

For example, if you want to remember the UBL corresponding to my book ‘The ultimate book on Yoga’, all that you have to remember is just the tag ‘UltimateYoga’. Add this tag at the end to make the link http://books2read.com/UltimateYoga. It is that simple! But you don’t need to remember all this. You just need to go to the ‘quick links’ and click the corresponding link.

If you regularly purchase books from a specific store, you can even set your ‘preferred store’ once for all. Once you do that, you will always be taken to that store page whenever you click the UBL.

These links can be found on the right column of my blog in the desktop mode if you are a blog reader/listener. Or you can even click the ‘Mybooks’ button on the top of the blog which will direct you to a page of ‘Quick links’. This is available both in the desktop as well as on mobile.

In addition, each post will also have a link marked ‘Quick links’ at the top. Clicking that link would take you to the same page of links. This is useful for people who only listen to me from some podcast viewer. However, some podcast viewers may not provide clickable links. In such cases, you have no option but to visit my blog.



The new feature that I have added now is to allow you to sample the audio books all in one place. There is a small ‘play/pause’ button on the right of each link, if the book has an audio version. Just click it and you can listen to an audio sample. You can play/pause multiple of them simultaneously if you wish. But only one sample can be in play mode at a time 😉

After listening to the sample, you can choose to click the link just to the left of it to access the store where it is available. That is the UBL that I was talking about. I hope that this new feature would be useful to you.

Please note, audio sampling buttons are provided only in the ‘Quick Links’ page and not on the right column of the blog. I did not want to unnecessarily clutter the blog by introducing those buttons.

Happy viewing and listening!

 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment