Search This Blog

Translate to your language

Monday, December 3, 2018

BookTalk: Yoga Facts


In today’s book talk I am going to discuss about my book “Yoga Facts: Answers to some important questions about Yoga”.


Small may be sometimes beautiful!

When I wrote my first book on Yoga namely “Psychology behind Yoga”, some of my readers expressed that they would like to read something which deals with much simpler details about Yoga. They wanted answers to simple questions about Yoga faced by many Yoga enthusiasts.
There are many books around, on the net, that seem to answer questions about Yoga, such as “101 questions about Yoga and Answers to the same...” and so on. So I was wondering, whether there is any point writing yet another book on similar lines.
So I reluctantly wrote this small book. But surprisingly, this turned out to be my most popular book! Apparently, it did help lot of people, going by the reviews and comments I received. So, small can be beautiful at times ;-)

What is this book about? 

I have taken a set of 10 questions that may appear to be simple, but are crucial to understand Yoga in the right way. There is lot of confusion around these questions and getting a ‘matter of fact’ kind of answer is definitely useful. That may be the reason for the popularity of this book.
Most people have rated this book very highly. At the same time, some people have complained that the book does not cover lot of things. Well, you cannot explain everything in a small book like this. If I did, then it defeats the very purpose of making it simple to understand.
For those readers who want more, I want to remind them that I have other books on Yoga that deal with various issues in greater detail. For example I have “How and Why of Yoga and Meditation” that talks about Yoga in detail, even beyond what I discussed in my first book “Psychology behind Yoga”.
I also have a small book “Neurological basis of Yoga” for those of you who may want to know scientific basis of Yoga. I also have a book “Hata Yoga – Myths shattered” that tries to demystify Yoga. You can read any of these for more details on Yoga.

Where can I find this book?

You can find e-book version in http://books2read.com/YogaFacts Just click this link and choose your favorite store to buy the book from. It is available in almost every store.
For those of you who are not familiar, books2read.com is a Universal link provider that gives you a link depending on your geographical location and the store you prefer. By the way, the “2” in “Books2read.com” is numeral 2 and not the word “to”.






Audio book

Very recently, I have brought out an audio book version also. You can find this short audio book with most online retailers such a amazon, scribd, audible, google as well as many libraries such as bibiotheca, hibooks and so on. So, check in the libraries nearest to you.

Below are some of the links to stores







  I hope you enjoy reading/listening to this book.

Bye then, till we meet again, week after next, with another of my books.

StartBookTalk         PreviousBookTalk      NextBookTalk

No comments:

Post a Comment